別ラインで翻訳されたものがあるので、すでにこのページは役に立ちません。 This is obsolete document. If you need English version of IPAFont license, please see
A permission to use IPA font contract (an end-user license) for end users
The Information-technology Promotion Agency,Japan("IPA" as follows) assumes that On offering a digital font program ("licensed program" as follows) entitled "the IPA Font(IPAフォント)"; having agree to this licensing agreement(say "the contract" as follows.)
When the person (that do not ask it the primary distribution / redistribution from other users from IPA and say with the following, it call "a user".) who took the offer of the licensed program installed the licensed program that he or she received in a computer (it defined in Article 1), the contract has been concluded by this act.
Article 1 : The definition of the term
In this contract, the follwoing terms are defined below.
1. "the derivation program" It mean following things, it include similar ones. - The thing which gave a change, the addition and exclusion revision of processing others of the design partly (or, all) of the licensed program. - The thing which changed a series of tables including the font information such as font names and the information about the composing type. - The thing which I revised the part of outline data and the BitMap data of the font or all more and deleted.
2. "Shifted program" This means the secondary result thing of following digital font program others. The thing which there was not appearing as a program at the part of the licensed program or all, and took out letter information from the part of the consent program or all. Or the thing which was produced by arranging letter information taken out.
3. "Digital contents" This means production thing offered to the end user by digital data form. I include picture contents (an animation / picture production thing and the programs such as still images displayed on a display or screen for projections) and the production thing that consisted of it including a letter text, an image, a figure.
4. "Digital document file" This means the thing which a part of "licensed program" was buried in in a file. It is the document file which embedded a letter produced by various software. As an example, PDF file.
5. "A change" This means that I change the outline of the font. The following things are included in this. Separating left side of characters(偏) and right side of characters(旁) of the kanji, and make a new letter (an external character) Transforming the part of the character(letter), and make a new character(letter).
6. "Design modification" This means that I add an indication effect for a font and that I add constant transformation without changing the outline of the font. Character formatting (a bold-face, italic type, shadowing, an underline, extraction, relief others) in the applications software or letter transformation are included to be able to be elaborate.
7."the computer" In this contract, this term include a "server".
8. "The use of reproduction others" This means a reproduction, a transfer, distribution, a loan, the public transmission of a message, the screening.
Article 2 A grant of the licensing
IPA obeys an article of the contract for a user and consents to that I use licensed program in all countries. But IPA holds all all rights that there is in a licensed program in any kind of meaning, Include all right about the licensed program which IPA holds and any kind of trademark, a business name or a thing about the service mark, This contract is not the thing which transfers a right to a user.
1. The user obeys a condition to set of this contract,The user installs licensed program in storage medium and can use it with a computer.
2. The user can just use a licensed program installed in a computer as letter text expression in printed matter and digital contents.
3. In printed matter and digital contents,The user can use it as letter text expression.A user is possible after having performed design modification and a change using other editing software programs.
4. The user can use reproduction others. In it is the printed matter which it made according to Honjo Clause 2 or fate of Clause 3 and digital contents, A user is possible regardless of non-commercial distinction and the formality of the mediums such as broadcast, communication, various recording mediums the business.
5. When a user embedded a letter in a range consented to in this contract and made digital document file,The user can use reproduction others of the digital document file only for a letter (a subset letter) which user used in digital contents.In this case, for the user of the digital document file, it is not necessary to demand that I obey this contract.
6. If licensed program is in a state as is, With a name of "the IPA Font(IPAフォント)" and, without any modification, arrangemen of design, The user can redistribute to the third person regardless of business / non-business. But, in that case, the user attaches copying of the contract to a licensed program and must redistribute it to the third person.
7. The user is derived as personal use and a study use and programs it or can program it originally.
Article 3 restrictions
The licensing given by a preceding article obeys the following limits.
1. The user cannot redistribute a derivation program or an original program without consent of IPA regardless of business / non-business.
2. When a user redistributes IPA Font based on preceding article Clause 6, The user cannot change a name called "the IPA Font(IPAフォント)".
3. About the derivation program which a user made or shifted program, IPA does not take responsibility in any case.
4. About all damage (a restoration cost, an obstacle by the loss of data, use, profit, goodwill, the damage of the property, the other special damage, the indirect damage or the enlarged damage) that occurred to the user by a licensed program, a derivation program or the use of the original program, IPA does not take responsibility for all.
5. About a licensed program, a derivation program or the use of the original program, IPA does not perform what kind of user support and what kind of guarantees such as the technical question or inquiry either.
Article 4 contract close
1. From this contract conclusion time,till a user uninstall licensed program in all computers. That is validity of the this contract.
2. Regardless of the fate of the foregoing paragraph, When a user violated each article to set of this contract the this contract is finished automatically without needing any debt-demand. Since then the user shall cancel licensed program, derivation program and use of the shifted program entirely. In addition, the user shall carry duty to compensate for the damage that IPA put on by the violation of each article to set of this contract on his/her back.
Article 5 A governing law
1. This contract is changed in the future. In that case,The user can choose this contract or either of the contract after the a change on the use of reproduction others of the licensed program or a redistribution. In addition, I shall obey Copyright Act and the law concerned about the article which is not mentioned as above.
2. The contract is interpreted based on Japanese law.